Controlled shunt reactors (CSR) are proven means for improving the reliability of the backbone networks due to the normalization of regime parameters of transit transmission lines and operating conditions of power generators. Our company offers CSRs for networks from 6 to 500 kV with power from 10 to 180 MVA.
CSRs can be installed both on power lines (linear CSR) and on buses of substations. A combination is possible when a capacitor bank (CB) is connected in parallel with CSRs. The use of controlled shunt reactors along with the performance of all functions of uncontrolled shunt reactors allows you to:
- Eliminate daily and seasonal fluctuations in line voltage;
- Improve the quality of electric power;
- Increase the limit of static stability;
- Improve the system damping;
- Streamline and automate the modes of mains;
- Reduce electricity losses during transmission and distribution;
- Increase the power system stability;
- In dozens of times improve operating conditions and increase work quality of electrical equipment due to a sharp reduction in the number of switching of uncontrolled reactive power compensation devices and limit the use of less reliable in operation on-line tape changers of transformers and autotransformers;
- Increase the capacity of transmission lines and provide reliable automatic control of voltage levels at the power flows close to the limit on the static stability;
- Avoid the effect of "voltage collapse" in case of emergency in the power network (e.g., emergency cutoff of load, generators, power lines, etc.);
- Provide working conditions for power generators in a range of generation of reactive power, which contributes the most favorable operating modes.